Interested in serving as a Faculty in Residence (FIR) for NEW Leadership Nevada’s 2016 Summer Institute hosted by the Women’s Research Institute of Nevada (WRIN)?
FIRs work side-by-side with staff, students, and volunteers for the entire duration of the NEW Leadership Nevada program, beginning on Sunday, June 5, 2016 and commencing on Saturday, June 11, 2016. FIRs must reside in their assigned campus dorms for the program’s duration and assist each day by coordinating structured and unstructured programming.
While modeling professional behavior and reflecting NEW Leadership Nevada values, FIRs will embrace responsibility for and steward the program experience of 5 – 7 students. Responsibilities may include:
• Conducting FIR sessions before, during, and after workshops, panels, and/or presentations.
• Recognizing and assisting when students are being met with challenges.
• Facilitating student growth and instilling confidence.
• Sharing success and failure stories from experience.
• Encouraging student outreach and networking.
• Informing WRIN staff about concerns and suggesting solutions in a timely manner.
• Facilitating daily programming and operational setup and cleanup.
• Participate in at least one pre-program planning/training session (date/time TBD), a program setup meeting on Sunday, June 5, 2016, and daily planning/de-brief meetings for the duration of the program.
A small stipend will be awarded to those chosen as FIRs who complete the assignment.
If you would like to be considered for a position as a FIR for NEW Leadership Nevada 2016, please complete and submit an application: NEWL 2016 FIR Application 03-2016